Injury Accident Plan Railroad Worker

If something happens to me while I am working on the railroad and I am unable to communicate, please contact the following people and do the following things:


  1. Call my local chairperson and let them know what has happened. Also, let them know if any railroad officials or claim agents have contacted you.
    my local chairperson is: _____________________________________
    mobile phone: ______________________________________
    home phone: _______________________________________
    If you cannot get in touch with my local chairperson,
    call the president of my local or my vice-local chairperson.
    my president is: __________________________________________
    mobile phone: ______________________________________
    home phone: _______________________________________
    my vice-local chairperson is: _________________________________
    mobile phone: ______________________________________
    home phone: _______________________________________
  2. Call my union insurance representative and let them know what happened.
    My representative is: ___________________________________________
    mobile phone: ______________________________________
    home phone: _______________________________________
  3. Call an attorney experienced in the FELA. One attorney is: Robert Underwood of the Underwood Law, LLC. His phone number is 1-877-465-1350 or (904) 891-5877.
  4. Get someone to take photos of where I was hurt and what I was hurt on.
  5. Make sure my doctors understand that I am not covered by Worker's Compensation. The railroad is not responsible for my medical bills and cannot say what treatment I should or should not get. All of my medical expenses should be billed through my insurance. A copy of my insurance card is inside this envelope.
  6. Do not let the railroad officials talk to my doctors about my medical care.
  7. Get a copy of my Living Will or Advance Directives. This will tell my doctors how to handle certain life or death medical procedures.
  8. In the event I am deceased or die before I am able to communicate, please get my Will and contact an attorney who handles estates and/or probate matters.

Download PDF version

Quick Contact

Free Consultation and Case Evaluation

To determine if we can help you, we need some basic information.

Best way to contact:

What is an Injury Accident Plan?

No one likes to think about the unthinkable. It is not pleasant to consider what might happen if you or a family member were involved in an incident and were rendered unconscious or incapacitated. Worse yet, what if you were killed? Unfortunately, the unthinkable happens to someone each day. Disaster can and will strike.

read moreDownload PDF